Respite Care at Monarch Communities®
Every day is a new day to live life fully. Enjoy quality shared or private respite care options at Monarch Senior Living.
Here at Monarch, we extend the same hospitality and compassionate care to our short-term guests as we do to our long-term residents. If you or a loved one require respite care for recuperation or to allow for a caregiving pause, we invite you to treat Monarch—the next generation of person-centric senior living—as a home away from home!
What is Respite Care?
Respite care, as the name implies, is a short-term period of respite from caregiving duties benefitting two primary groups of people:
1. Seniors who require additional care during recovery – If you or a loved one have undergone surgery or suffered a serious illness/injury that requires additional medical attention, respite care is the perfect bridge on the road to recovery. Seniors can transfer from the hospital or rehabilitation center directly to the community where they will continue to receive care. We can help coordinate therapies – including physical, occupational, and speech – to make things easy and simple. So you can focus on your health and well-being.
2. Family caregivers – More and more people are assuming the role of primary caregiver for an aging loved one as an alternative to long-term care in a senior living community. But even caregivers need support from time to time. For families and friends looking for a brief break from their caregiving duties, respite care can not only be an answer but their sigh of relief knowing their loved ones are secure and getting cared for with extra attention, 24/7.
Other types of respite care include adult day care centers for older adults who live with family members that have daytime jobs and family responsibilities. You can also go the route of in-home care agencies, in which visiting health care providers perform tasks like housekeeping and meal preparation, allowing older adults to remain in the home safely for as long as possible. Support groups are also an option for those who just want to talk to people in similar situations.
Every family is unique. The right type of respite care for one household might not be the same for another, and that’s okay! What’s important is finding the right solution that suits you and your loved one’s situation.
Respite Care the Monarch Way
Staff members at Monarch Communities serve those that are here for only a short-term stay as they do our permanent residents. It is an honor and humbling experience to learn who our guests are, including their preferences, daily routes, and personal histories.
By focusing on the entirety of the individual, our staff offers a holistic person-centric approach to caregiving that ensures all respite care guests receive the care they need with the respect and dignity they deserve. In turn, families achieve peace of mind knowing their loved ones are receiving specialized care from a community of compassionate individuals.
So yes, you or your loved one may be with us for only a short amount of time…but we believe that every interaction—no matter how big or small—is all about creating genuine connections.
Respite Care Services
Our family caregiver support services include:
- Flexible dining plans with nutritious offerings to help on the road to recovery
- Transfer directly from a hospital or rehabilitation center
- Around-the-clock assistance and supervision for management of recovery process including 24/7 licensed nursing
- Personal care assistance with ADLs, such as toileting and bathing
- Linen, laundry, and housekeeping services
- Medication management services
- On-site health care services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy
- 24/7 compassionate support for your loved one while you’re away or need a break
- Opportunities for engagement and programming such as lectures, performances, classes and more.
- Local transportation to doctor appointments and local errands
Above and Beyond Care
Adults with special needs or older adults living with conditions like Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia can also benefit from respite programs. However, we also know that dementia is a family disease. According to the CDC, family members assuming primary caregiver duties experience heightened risk of untreated burnout, leading to significantly worse physical and mental health outcomes for both caregivers and their loved ones. This is dangerous for everyone involved.
This is why in addition to the services listed above, we have trained professionals on staff to offer guidance and support to loved ones who are also on this journey. We go above and beyond just the short-term stay to make sure you feel supported — always.
We know how hard you work to ensure that your loved ones have their every need met. But we want you to know that it’s okay to take time for yourself, too. Whether you’re recovering from an injury and physically can’t assume caregiving duties or you simply want some time for yourself, know that our communities offer compassion-oriented short-term care programs for families in your situation. Take a break and receive peace of mind that your loved one is well cared for.
Monarch is A Home Away From Home
Come see for yourself! Contact Us Today.
We know that there is no place like home, but we believe that our communities are the next best place when in-home care is no longer an option… Or when caregivers need a break. Come see for yourself what makes Monarch Communities® so special. Contact us to tour one of our communities today!
If you would like more information about our senior care locations, pricing information, the benefits of respite care options, and more – please contact us.